Goodyear, Arizona, was founded in 1917 by Paul Litchfield of the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company with the purchase of 16,000 acres. The city of Goodyear was incorporated on November 19, 1946. The city of Goodyear is approximately 8 miles wide and 37 miles long and it extends from Camelback Road on the north to state Route 238 on the South.
Goodyear is located in Maricopa County and according to the 2006 Census Bureau estimates, the population was 47,359. Goodyear is growing fast is a city it was recognized as the third fastest growing among all cities and towns in Arizona between 1990 and 2000.
The city of Goodyear was able to land to spring training teams for the Cactus League, the Cleveland Indians and the Cincinnati Reds.